This fantastic Accelerated Freefall (AFF) course is for you if
you want to become a qualified and independent skydiver! It is a
new and revolutionary fast-track skydiving training programme;
taking you from total novice to qualified skydiver in just a few
days, you will receive professional advice and a complete a number
of jumps on an intense learning course. After some comprehensive
ground-training, you will have learnt all the skills required to
make your first skydive, accompanied by, but not attached to, two
expert instructors. Based around eight levels (usually you will do
one skydive at each level) the AFF Course will teach all you need
to know about the practical and theory aspects of this thrilling
sport, so you can enjoy the benefits of it for years to come!The
course will start with a full days tuition, you will then work your
way through the following levels:
- Level 1: Your first jump is with two instructors and is
designed to teach you the basics; exits, stability, altitude
awareness and control of the parachute canopy. Three practice
ripcord pulls, altitude awareness and the actual pull, are all part
of this jump. The instructors hold on to you throughout the
freefall portion of this jump. Radio assistance is given under
canopy during the descent and landing if necessary.
- Level 2: As level 1 but with only 2 practice pulls and a turn
to the left and right.
- Level 3: Instructors ‘release’ you, allowing you to fly alone,
but staying in close proximity to re-grip and provide assistance if
- Level 4: Exiting with just one instructor holding on exit, 180
degree left turn and 180 right and forward movement.
- Level 5: One instructor holds you on exit, 360 left turn, 360
right and forward movement.
- Level 6: Dive exit with instructor following. Back loop, delta
track, 180 turn and delta track.
- Level 7: Dive exit instructor following. Back loop, delta
track, 360 turn left, 360 right.
- Level 8: Solo exit from 5,000 feet, followed by deployment of
your canopy within a few seconds. This familiarizes you with a
lower exit altitude and a faster pull. On completion of level 8 you
graduate from AFF. Following graduation you must make 10 further
jumps, called consolidation jumps, under the guidance of an AFF
instructor. These jumps allow you to practice what you have learnt
on your own. On completion you are qualified as a category 8
skydiver and can join in with the regular skydivers and start to
have some serious fun.